Thursday, February 15, 2007

Homecoming

<>I have finally decided to end my slumber of 10 months and revive my almost lost passion for blogging. Though I wasn’t myself blogging, during this interim period, I have been following my favourite blogs none the less. Why did I take such an extended vacation from blogging? Did I have nothing to write about or was I way too busy?
Neither, it was simple plain unhindered laziness from my end. It is so much easier to speak out your feelings rather than take all the pain and pen down your thoughts.The very thought of sitting for an hour and composing something meaningful out of the gibberish ideas that come to my mind was the sole reason for me staying away for so long. Seeing the multitude of people who are so adept at multitasking and time management, I am really ashamed that I cant even manage the time once a month to blog. <>
Some brief update from my side: <>
Though I had got a software job based out of Bangalore from the campus, I managed to get another offcampus job. However, it was in a different field that of analytics. I took up this job and I am currently working as a Business Analyst in a reputed analtical firm in Kolkata. <>

Life is going on fine, but I sincerely miss my old life in the institute, my old friends and the carefree attitude which I always cherished. It is so much different outside!Earlier I was forever in loan and always bankrupt, this has changed somewhat since I got my first salary (mind you, it is only just). However, something seems to have gone out of life now. The only time I think I am usual old self is when I meet my old batchmates and this is becoming increasingly infrequent. I spoke to several of my friends and all of us had the same feelings. Academic life is so much better than job life! I guess the “grass is always greener on the other side.” <>

Does that mean I will go back to higher studies and pursue my Phd? I don’t think so, Phd studies are always very boring unless you are of an inquisitive type which I am not. Undergraduate days are the best days of your life though I never believed it when I was in the midst of it. <>
So how is life currently going on: <>
Life has definitely become a lot more hectic, specially with a 10.30 to 7.30 job. I am lucky I have this good timing, I am made to believe by my friends that they are worse off.

I hardly get time to browse through the newspaper in the morning and by the time, I reach my house in the evening, I am totally drained of energy to do anything worthwhile. Weekends are reserved for occasional randezvous with old friends, and sleeping.

I can attribute another reason why my blogging habbits took a beating. I had decided to concentrate my efforts on the networking site named Orkut. It seems to be a very bad habbit and wastes away a lot of your time. However, it is too addictive to leave it aside.

<>
So what lies in store for me next: <>
I have absolutely no idea, maybe I would like to learn some foreign language or play some musical instrument. I miss my old friends a lot, so a trip to Bangalore is foremost in my mind, sometime in june. As for future plans, I haven’t made up my mind at all, so no point in discussing it. <>
I guess this should be more than enough to signal my comeback from sabbatical. I will try to find some other more interesting topic for my next post.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back!!

1:44 AM  
Blogger shahid said...

sahi hai dost .... Full account de diya apne sabbatical ka
There was nothing new for me in the blog btw ... I know everything about you .. he he ...

Chal don let the next break this much long ...

1:48 AM  
Blogger atul lakhotia said...

hey gud to c u back...even i strted blogging agn aget 11 mnths..and yes life at iit kgp was very learning:P(its an euphemism..)..

congrats for ur first salary...must have njoyed a lot with it..me laso plced in Blore...

and yes orkut is just too addictive to be left :P..wat else frm ur side...

5:24 PM  
Blogger An Unknown Citizen said...

@voice.....thanks a lot dost, better late than never in coming back!

@shahid.....please do write something in english or with some easier Hindi (for ppl whose mother tongue is not Hindi, it becomes a bit diff to follow ur poems, which i am sure must have been gr8). Waise y dont u post some more of your wonderful paintings or cartoons?

@atul
life is going well on my side, whr u placed......keep in touch, seems ur brother as stopped bloggin altogether

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
Can you please tell me in which organisation are you working with as Business Analyst?
How propective Kolkata is for BA job opportunities?

Thanks
Sham

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

time for another post DD.

-Gautam

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where were you??

7:40 PM  
Blogger Nitin Garg said...

Hey dd nice post..But yaar ye aapki sabbaticals are getting more frequent than posts.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Jayesh said...

U write so well.But u do get depressed too often. Common yaar u r an IITian, the world is ur oyster.

12:10 PM  
Blogger amit said...

welcome back yaar... me too lost a lot of interest in blogging in recent times... hope to continue it

3:05 AM  
Blogger Ajith Prasad Balakrishnan said...

Hi,
I'm a student @ IIMB in their exec MBA program ( PGSEM ) ..
I'm trying out a blog-based networking plugin as a web-venture along with my batch mate @ NITC..
The details are available at http://blogs.edotte.com.. Please take a look when u r free..
Useful as a plugin to your blog. If u liked the concept, try adding an IITKgp plugin to your blog by
going to http://blogs.edotte.com/search.php , select the relevant institutes, generate plugin script,
copy paste the script as a widget ( similar to the way u add adsense/analytics )
Thanks,
Ajith

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home