Saturday, January 08, 2005

A boring day!!

Well only two things of some minor importance happened in an otherwise a boring day.
For the first time in my career i have decided to take an additional subject.
I have always believed in the saying that one should always take the minimum
necessary number of courses to obtain a degree unless, one is really interested in a particular subject. I never dared to take any additional subject with the fear of overburdening myself. Moreover i have never developed any special liking for any of the subjects I have encounterd so far.
So you must be asking then how come I took an additional. that too in my 8th sem.
Well the course I am taking is named "Market Research". Actually this course has many topics
which come under the purview of my fourth year Btech project. So i thought that it is better
to attend some classes and understand the concepts rather than going through some thick books
which are pretty hard to fathom. This will also reduce my anxiety, tension and some amount of work just before the submission of my project report. Moreover I dare say it might enhance my knowledge base.

The other notable thing is that i finished the book " The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho.
I had read a number of critical reviews of this book in many sites. This book is the most famous
work of PAulo Coelho.Very frankly speaking I did not like it much. It was too small to my liking.
Though the concept was good, the book finished much too quickly. I felt that there should have been some more narrations about the adventures while crossing the desert. However this a widely acclaimed book and the opinion is purely personal. The reader might not agree with me but I believe in the freedom speech. No offence meant.

On a lighter note a weekend has just started and I plan to play lots of table tennis and watch a couple of movies. On the academic front I would have to catch up with some long pending project work.
Signing Off!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home